Abergavenny Gateway to Wales, monthly farmer’s market and home of the renowned Food Festival which since 1999 has drawn thousands of visitors to Abergavenny in September.
Middle Ninfa Farm produces fresh vegetables, salads, fruit and duck eggs in our little mountain retreat which you can enjoy when you stay in our bunkhouse or campsite.
Buy local: save yourself the hassle of bringing food from your supermarket – and save food miles!
We can provide for most of you needs from the farm or order in local and organic food [especially for those arriving by public transport or bicycle]. (Please note that for outside orders we need one week notice).
- Seasonal veg and salad from Middle Ninfa, Tyr Mawr Organics or Abergavenny monthly Farmer’s Market
- Meat and cheese from Edwards, Abergavenny, or the farmer’s market. Local venison, lamb, black beef, pheasant and other game usually available.
- Fruit from Mid fresh or frozen, also jams and preserves.
- Hen’s eggs from a neighbouring farm.
- Organic milk from Waitrose.
- Cheeses from Blaenavon Cheese Company, matured in Big Pit colliery.
- Wide range of herbs from Middle Ninfa.
- Smoked fish, poultry and meats from Black Mountain Smokery.
- Honey from our own bees or a nearby producer if our bees fail to deliver.
- “Blorenge Pekoe” – Middle Ninfa Farm home grown and processed tea!
Please phone to order your veggie, fruit and meat boxes or take pot luck on arrival and we can direct you to places where you can buy what we don’t have available.
Tyr Mawr organics produce a list of items available and prices which you can obtain by emailing them on firstname.lastname@example.org
As a guide, veg/salad boxes will usually contain a mix of seasonal vegetables, potatoes, rocket, watercress and other green leaves.
We have apples, pears, plums, damsons, apricots, rhubarb, quince, strawberries, raspberries , grapes, red, white and blackcurrants, gooseberries – when in season.