Middle Ninfa bunkhouse
Comfortable self catering accommodation for up to six people.
The rustic charm of the 400 year old stone building has been maintained.
Sadly, we no longer have the sauna as it was destroyed by fire in August 2014.
Lounge/dining area with double divan, well equipped kitchen and toilet/shower room with hot water. Our new [Spring 2023] eco-friendly heating system is from infra-red panels set on the walls and ceiling. They supply a warm, dry radiant heat, much nicer than the convection heater we had before and twice as energy efficient.
Upstairs (Mezzanine Floor)
Four single beds accessed by a spiral staircase. Heater panel
Beside a shallow pond guests can enjoy a small garden with barbecue and table and chairs. Seasonal vegetables are usually available from the farmhouse.
Guest should bring: Food, sleeping bags [or duvet and lower sheet], towels and pillowcases. We do not provide linen.
- Minimum booking 2 nights at weekends and during holiday periods.
- When the heating is not on, open doors whenever possible to improve ventilation but beware inquisitive ducks and hungry cats. Keep lower half of stable doors closed and put meat and dairy in the fridge.
- We will not enter the bunkhouse during your stay, other than in an emergency.
- We accept dogs by arrangement only. They must not disturb us [whose bedroom is close by] by barking, nor disturb campers or others at the farm. Please ask where to put faeces. They must be kept strictly on a lead when outdoors as there are [usually] ducks on and around the pond.
- You are welcome to wander around the fields using stiles and gates. There are several trails marked with coloured pegs and signs. We currently have Fly, our aged horse and two donkeys who graze the fields. All are very friendly. Let us know if you’d like to groom them so we can lend you the grooming kit.
- Please do not allow children to chase the ducks. Unfortunately the feral cats are not very friendly.
Having held our prices unchanged for 6 or 7 years and following massive increases in energy costs we must now increase our rates.
|Weekends & bank hols * £||Midweek nights * £|
* Weekend nights are Friday and Saturday nights, Sundays nights before a Bank Holiday Monday.
Mid-week break [Sunday-Thursday inclusive] 5 nights for £330
Week stay 7 nights for £480
Add a night to the weekend for only £60 ie Thursday evening – Sunday or Friday – Monday for £260 (excluding Bank Holidays)
Energy, Recycling and waste We are an eco-site and have installed a number of renewable energy features including pv panels on the bunkhouse house roof & an electric car charger. We ask you to help us minimise waste of energy , water, food and resources by switching off lights and appliances when you are leaving the premises or no longer need them, and recycling as much as possible in the black box and food waste bin. [We are allowed only one bag of landfill waste per week as our local council will not provide us with a trade waste service. This one bag is for the bunkhouse, campsite and ourselves.] You can leave on the shelf non-perishable food items for other guests and perishable items in the fridge. We have been getting more and more food that is perfectly good to eat thrown in the food waste bin. Please bring it to us or leave it in the fridge. We hate to see good food wasted when we are facing a climate emergency!
Winter bookings The 2kw convection heater we had previously was not really adequate to heat a high ceilinged stone building with limited insulation. Infra-red heater panels are more effective in such buildings but we haven’t yet seen how they perform in mid-winter so we suggest that if you feel the cold, wait till the warmer months to visit. Otherwise, bring plenty of warm clothes and a good sleeping bag. It will at least be warmer than a tent!
Children We welcome children but parents with toddlers should note the presence of a shallow pond, unfenced, outside the bunkhouse. Please treat as private the garden and orchard at the back of our house beyond the little stone hump-backed bridge.
Office hours Please try to time your arrival, departure [settling up], telephone and other enquiries to normal office hours whenever possible. Note-We are closed to new arrivals on Fridays between 10pm and 8 am, and from 9pm to 8am other nights, except by special arrangement. If your arrival is unavoidably delayed eg by traffic congestion please phone to warn us before 9pm. Lunch time is 1-1.45pm.
For bookings and enquiries please contact us on email@example.com. To check availability please follow this link to our Holiday Lettings page, but feel free to email us directly to book.
If anything is not right please TELL us and give us a chance to put things right for you!
There are a number of excellent walks direct from the site which is situated within the Brecon Beacons National Park and close to Blaenavon World Heritage Site. Please ask to borrow laminated guides and maps for local walking and cycling routes, but please ensure you return them to the house. If by mistake you take them home, post them back to us.
Download our Access Statement